POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Strange rendering of a torus : Re: Strange rendering of a torus Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange rendering of a torus
From: Alan Kong
Date: 29 Apr 2001 22:07:22
Message: <q2ipet4cijb6s9vn1bv6mkbrvo13qrlb4e@4ax.com>
On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:32:17 -0000 Bjorn Jonsson wrote:

>I'm having trouble getting a torus object to render properly. I've tried
>adding the sturm keyword but it seemed to have absolutely no effect on
>the torus' appearance. The torus appears "noisy", it's as if some of the
>rays do not hit it even though they should.

  Where's the rest of your scene code? I rendered what you gave and added a
camera and light source but the resulting 90 degree 'elbow' looks fine to
me. Without seeing the cylinders in the union it looks to me that you might
be experiencing coincident surfaces. What do you see when you comment out
the other objects?